Saturday, April 8

Tennessee Legislature

 I was born in North Carolina, lived in Virginia for 16 years, overseas for 4 years, North Carolina for 25 years, and Tennessee for 30 which totals my age of 75...  so, I can easily say that Tennessee is now my home, even though I will always be a North Carolinian by birth.


I do not keep up with state politics but apparantly there was some sort of riot at the state capital in Nashville recently where protestors were against some gun law that the legislature was in the process of passing and making into law, once signed by the governor.  Tennessee has pretty liberal gun laws.


While this riot was taking place, 3 Democratic legislatures joined the riot in support of their cause which is not allowed by legislative law.  The legislatures were 2 black males and one white female.  The Republican legislative majority voted to kick the 3 democratic legislature out of the legislature because they violated the law.


Well, after the vote took place, the two blacks were kicked out but the white female stayed in by ONE VOTE...


OUTRAGE followed and the Republican TN Legislators were called RACISTS and WHITE SUPREMACISTS because of those action not to kick out the white lady...


Being a white male my thoughts were that all three should be kicked out not because of the cause but because they broke the law.


Clearly our Republican Legislators have ALL THEIR HEADS UP THEIR ASSES to have made such a stupid move, especially in light of what all is currently going on in this country.  Hard to believe that TN is still so BACKWARDS in its thinking.


I would have to agree that those Republican Legislators are acting like they are RACISTS and WHITE SUPREMACISTS...  and, I am embarrassed that they are leading my state.

No comments:

Post a Comment