Friday, April 21

Not A Fan of Law Enforcement

For 50 years, I have thought that law enforcement, especially highway patrol officers were misusing their positions in the way they tried to enforce the law...  that is to say, they had to HIDE in order to catch people.  That always seemed wrong to me, especially when one is living in a democracy.

I have heard reports for other law enforcement officers that cops break the law in order to catch criminals and put them in jail.  To me that is an abuse of power.  It also makes people dislike law enforcement, having less and less respect for those who wear the badge.

Yes, it is true that for every bad cop there is at least one good one, maybe two and while that helps, it does not solve the problem of police corruption.

I have been stopped for speeding several times and when I ask why me and not someone else who was driving beside me...  the answer is always, you were the easiest one to catch.  So, law enforcement alway lets others go free because they have managed to stop one.  That is not fair.

They should all be stopped or none at all.

I have never been brutalized by a cop and while I am thankful for that, I can imagine, it would be a bad experience as the cops are likely taking out their anger on the one they are beating.

The more cops abuse their job and more the rest of us resent and disrespect them.

I was an instructor at a technical school where we taught Criminal Justice course.  I met quite a few cops who had to take my classes.  In class they are nice guys, friendly, and easy to talk with.   But, I supposed on the job, they are not like that at all, as everyday could be their last day alive.  It is a job that I would never want.

I am not necessarily happy or pleased with all the violence and crime that is taking place inside our big cities but I am not surprised by it at all.  The people are tired of police mentalities and attitudes.  As a whole, people out-number law enforcement and the only way the police can acquire the advantage is with other items like a water canon.

The blacks have taken it upon themselves to make it an issue it is between white cops and them...  while that is admirable on their part, I think it is foolish.  Cops are against everybody that fits the PROFILE.  It has nothing to do with color.  If you want to change the PROFILE, then blacks should stop commiting crimes.

As a white senior citizen, I perceive blacks as commiting more crimes than whites.  I perceive blacks sell more illegal drugs than whites.

As a white senior citizen, I perceive that whites commit more white collar crimes than blacks which to me is far worse because it involves more money.

When I see Mexicans, I think of the Mexican Drug Cartels... whether they are members or not, in my mind, that is who they are.  PROFILING...

No comments:

Post a Comment