Sunday, April 9

Eating Out By Choice


Most people when they go out for dinner, they want some kind of steak and potato combination:  TBone, Sirloin, Ribeye, Strip...  and/or perhaps, some kind of pork like Ribs or Bar-B-Que...   but, for me, when I go out to dinner, I am first looking at Salmon or Cod or Flounder stuffed with crab meat or something having to do with Chicken...


My wife is typically looking for some kind of salad with chicken...  every once in a while she might get Fish 'n' Chips...  ot shrimp...  and seldom, she might order chicken and a potato.


Once a year, I might have a ribeye or sirloin steak but no more than once a year as I seriously try to avoid eating red meat.  When I eat steak, my favorite is Omaha Steaks...  maybe once or twice, I will also have a cheeseburger but it is still rare when that happens.


HOWEVER, Salmon is my favorite meal when I eat out, either with rice or a baked potato and always with broccoli.  Typically, I will get the largest ounce size available, then eat half at the restaurant and take the other half home for the next day...  so, regardless of the price, I get two meals...  that way the price does not bother me as much.  Salmon can range from $18 to $27/$28 dollars...  so, eating it for two meals makes it mentally afforable.


If the meal is reheated in an air-fryer is tastes better than in the oven or usining a microwave.


My wife and I typically go out for dinner at least once a week...  sometimes, this outing is done in the morning for breakfast or brunch.  If it is morning, then I am always ordering an everything omelette or as close as I can get to that...  and, depending upon where we got, that meal comes with breakfast potatoes and pancakes.  Again, half is eaten there and the other half taken home.


My wife usually orders eggs and bacon and sometimes that comes with pancakes as well.  She usually eats everything except for one pancake, so I get that one as well.


We go out to eat not because we are trying to get out of cooking...  we go out to eat because we enjoy the process of going out for a meal...  we don't look at it as a treat or a reward...  it is just something that we like to do...


Taco Bell has a bean burrito for $1.89 and SAMS sells an absolutely delicious hotdog and drink for $1.50.  SAMS has pizza as well but we have yet to try that.  Subway as decent foot longs that can be eaten for two meals.  And, of course there is always Wendy's Chili that is always well prepared.


Eating out can take a variety of forms and does not always have to be done at a nice restaurant.  However, I refuse to go to a restaurant where half the price goes to the atmosphere they think they provide...  Those ego trips can be enjoyed by the wealthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment