Friday, October 21

The Day After

 

Journalist are taught to ask and answer the following questions for every story:

  • Who?
  • What?
  • Where?
  • When?
  • Why?
  • How?


Writers learn from experience they should focus on three areas:

  • Past
  • Present
  • Future

In all three areas...  there is always a day after...  so one could say there is only today and tomorrow or yesterday and today...  depending upon one's persepctive.  ODDLY, the present is the only solid piece of evidence that we have as yesterday is always gone and becomes a memory that could be distorted...   the future has yet to happen and cannot be predicted unless we are just looking at a few seconds in front of us.

This kind of forecasting serves little to no purpose...  as I know that I am going to swallow in just a few seconds from now...  but, I can predict what I will be doing in a few minutes from now.  However, if I photograph with my cell phone what I am doing NOW, then I can have an relatively accurate picture of the past...  and if a video was taken, there would be an even more accurate  picture of the past...  but, who has the time or the willing to do that shit?

Therefore, we live in the present with the understanding that there will alway be a day after...  unless we die before the day after arrives...  but that won't matter much to us...  will it?

It is a whole lot easier and more simple not to think about any of this and just live life leisurely, listfully with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment