Wednesday, February 23

Lower Back, Butt, Upper Thigh, and Hip PAIN

 


About 6 weeks ago, when I got out of bed one morning, there was a deep muscle pain in both ass cheeks.  It bothered me when I tried to walk but when I was sitting there was no pain at all.  The next day, it was gone, but returned the following day.  That lasted for about 7-10 days, then the pain was not only in my ass cheeks but started to radiate down the backs of both thighs.

This pain was consistent every morning, disappeared when sitting but returned when I tried to walk, and sometimes the pain was so great that, my legs gave way and I felt myself begin to fall to the ground, so I frooze and reached out for something to hold onto like the side of a wall.

This pain last for another 7-10 days when I decided to search online for exercises and when I did those exercises, my pain subsided for a while but always returned.  About this time, I started icing but butt and the back of my thighs for 20 minutes each day and that seemed to help temporarily.

So, today after about 6 weeks, I decided to make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor and see if s/he can tell me what the hell is going on.  I have this appointment for March 1, 2022 so it is only 5 days away.

According to my research, pain like this could be coming from:

  • a slipped disk in my back
  • a pinched nerve 
  • sciatic nerve
  • sitting too long without exercising
  • pulled lower back muscle
  • joint pain from arthritis
  • a bad hip joint that needs replacing
  • long term use of my cancer drugs

No comments:

Post a Comment