Friday, October 29

Heart Cath Results

Yesterday, I went down to UT Medical Center, Heart and Lung Bldg. to have a heart cath procedure performed because my recent stress test indicated that I had a blockage...


I had to arrive at 5:30 am for a 7:00 am procedure and was not actually taken into the operating room until 7:30 am but was back in recovery before 8:15 am because the cardiac surgeon FOUND NOTHING...

  • NO BLOCKAGE in any artery
  • NO PROBLEMS with any of my 5 stents


However, they used my wrist to get to the heart instead of my groin and my wrist became a little swollen and the incision site bled a little more than it sould have, so instead of being released at 11:00 am, I was not released until 2:00 pm...


I am able to use my right hand now (24 hours later) but I cannot lift anything over 5 lbs for another 5 days...


All-in-all, yesterday was a good day...  as far as my health is concerned...  It is nice to know that with other bodily functions changing with age, my repaired heart arteries are still in good shape...

No comments:

Post a Comment